Love is all around… or so the song says, and Valentine’s Day is just a few hours away but do you know anything about the day at all?
Are you loved up and arranging something special or are you single and couldn’t care less? Either way, I bet you didn’t know that:
- It was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card in Victorian times
- Around 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards will be sent
- More than half of all Valentine’s Day cards will be bought in the 6 days before Valentine’s Day
- The first box of Valentine’s Day chocolates was produced by Richard Cadbury in 1868
- The phrase to wear your heart on your sleeve originates in the Middle Ages when young people would draw the name of their valentine from a bowl. They then had to wear the name on their sleeve for one week
*This is a collaborative post*