Sometimes, making dinner can be such a chore, especially when you’ve had a busy day and just can’t be bothered to stand over the stove cooking for hours. Recently, we were sent a lovely hamper of goodies from Dolmio so that we could make a meal that was both full of goodness and quick and easy to prepare.
My Three love pasta so what better meal to make than a Spaghetti Bolognese – it’s quick and is so easy to make, is filling and you can make it really healthy by adding hidden vegetables into the sauce if you wish. Our Bolognaise consists of Mince, Onions, Mushrooms, Dolmio Sauce and Spaghetti.
- Fill a large pan with water, add a little salt and put it on to boil.
- Whilst the water is heating up chop the onions and mushrooms up.
- Put the onions and mince in a frying pan and fry until the meat is browned – here I add a little salt and pepper to season the mince. I lightly fry the mushrooms in a separate pan (and add them to the sauce after I have served Matthew and Nathan theirs as they hate mushrooms in any food)
- Once the water is boiling add Spaghetti, stir and bring it back to the boil – your Spaghetti should take around 10 – 12 minutes to cook.
- Transfer Mince into a sauce pan and add a jar of Dolmio Original Sauce, let it heat up gently to a simmer, stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once both Spaghetti and sauce are cooked serve with grated cheese and enjoy.
Did you know,
*This post is an entry for the #Dolmio #ThankGoodness Challenge, sponsored by Dolmio. www.dolmio.co.uk/thankgoodness*