1. Whiskey – Grant’s Family Reserve, a family owned, blended Scotch whisky which delivers a smooth, rich and mellow taste that is best enjoyed neat or on the rocks. Perfect to give a s a gift or to enjoy over the Christmas period.
2. Cider – Spiced Apple Koppaberg can be served warm in a mug or served ice-cold, poured over ice. Kopparberg Spiced Apple captures the spirit of the season with a touch of Scandinavian cool and is the ultimate winter warmer to stock up on for cosy nights in with friends.
3. Ginger Beer – Crabbie’s alcoholic ginger beer is a delicious and refreshing drink which can be used to make fantastic cocktails or enjoyed straight from the bottle.
4. Wine – Lambrini is the perfect drink to enjoy during the festive season the cherry flavour makes a great addition to Christmas cocktails.
5. Non-Alcoholic Wine – Eisberg alcohol-free wine, which is made in exactly the same way as regular wine, however, the alcohol is removed right at the end leaving the same taste as wine but without any of the alcohol and a fraction of the calories. Eisberg makes a great alternative for those who enjoy wine but don’t want to / can’t consume alcohol this Christmas.
1. German Treats – Bahlsen have lots of lovely German treats to offer this year. Their Lebkuchen Mischung, which loosely translates as ‘gingerbread mix’, is sn assortment of gingerbread shapes, decorated with beautiful glazing and Bahlsen’s delicious signature chocolate. Their Zimtsterne means cinnamon stars is a treat that the whole family will love – made with cinnamon and hazelnuts, these iced cinnamon stars are the perfect festive biscuit for everyone to enjoy. Why not get creative by decorating your stars and threading them on a string so you can hang them on the tree?
2. Chips – In our house, we love chips and dips at Christmas – there’s nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa with a bag of chips and a pot of dip and a festive movie or two. KETTLE Chips have many different flavours available to suit all tastes.
3. Mustard – Dijon Originale, Wholegrain and Honey Dijon Mustards are the perfect accompaniment to a cold meat platter and a beef or ham sandwich this Christmas. maille.com has more information for festive recipes, gourmet mustard flavours and gifts.
4. Pickles – No Cheese sandwich, pork pie or sausage roll is complete without a little Branston Pickle on the side. There is a huge range of products to suit all tastes including Smooth and original pickle plus chutneys, flavoured pickles and sauces too. There is definitely something for everyone.
5. Cheese – Whether you plan to enjoy your cheese with a piece of Christmas cake, as part of a buffet or an after dinner snack Wyke Cheese has three delicious varieties available – Mature, Extra Mature and Vintage.
6. Gluten Free Treats – If you or someone you know is Gluten intolerant Christmas used to be very bleak as there was never anything available. Nowadays there is a much better range of products. OMBAR are little chocolate bars made from raw cacao, they are low calorie, vegan, gluten-free and rich in anti-oxidant flavanols and magnesium. They are available from Ocado, planet organic, whole foods and online.
7. Crackers – Stornoway Water Biscuit with Hebridean seaweed and Seaweed Oatcake are a great snack to eat with cheeses and cold meats this Christmas. Available from independent retail stores and selected lines from Lakeland and www.stagbakeries.co.uk
8. Pickled Walnuts – For many Christmas isn’t complete without a jar of Pickled Walnuts to enjoy with cold meats and cheeses.
9. Cocktail Accompaniments – perfect to keep in the cupboard for Christmas & New Year parties – Cherries, Sliced Lemons and Gherkins are all perfect Christmas treats.
10. Fruits in Alcohol – A perfect quick pudding – served with cream, meringue or over ice-cream. The Opies range includes Ginger in Famous Grouse, Christmas Fruits in Courvoisier, Opies Peaches in Courvoisier, Black Cherries in Kirsch, Figs in Courvoisier, Apricots in Grand Marnier. Their Black Cherries with Kirsch make a fantastic Black Forest Trifle or cheesecake!
11. Soup – On a cold day, warm yourself through with a lovely bowl of Heinz soup. They have a huge range available including Chicken, Mushroom, Oxtail, Vegetable and Tomato. I love dunking slices of buttered toast in my soup whereas the boys love nothing better than breaking up slices of bread and mixing it in before eating it.
*This post contains PR Samples – all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own*