I always think that my dad and father in law are the hardest people on the planet to buy for, whether it be birthdays, Christmas or Father’s Day, I always struggle to buy them something that I think they’ll like and use. If like myself, you’re stuck for ideas have a look at some of the gift ideas below.
1. The Best Dad in the World (£6.99) and Grandad – You’re the Best! (£6.99) are collections of quotes celebrating fathers and grandfathers. Both have attracted thousands of amazing quotes, thoughts and observations and these unique anthologies feature contributions from the deeply philosophical to the wonderfully humorous. With witty and wonderful quotes from the stars of stage, screen and literature, the worlds of music, comedy and politics.
2. The Bicycle Book (£20) from DK
is an in-depth look into the history of cycling from BMX and mountain biking, to track and road racing. Take a ride through the sport’s history and discover classic and cutting-edge bicycles, following the evolution of cycling throughout the decades. Perfect for anyone with a love for cycling, The Bicycle Book features the latest high-performance bikes and cycling technology, along with profiles of famous cyclists, and iconic manufacturers and brands. With up-close images, maps, and histories of key races and competitions, The Bicycle Book is a stylish and fascinating addition to any enthusiast’s collection.
Little ones love stories – why not buy a story that they can share with their Daddy…
3. Goodnight Spaceman (£6.99) by Michelle Robinson. A story about a man who goes to space whilst his children keeps a look out from Earth. This is a really heart-warming story and one that is sure to inspire young children to be excited and curious about space. The story is written in collaboration with the European Space Agency and inspired by astronaut Tim Peake.
4. This Is Not A Bedtime Story (£6.99) by Will Mabbitt. A hilarious story for those children who wished their bedtime stories were more exciting. This is a very clever and funny story that tells a bedtime story like no other.
5. The Book with No Pictures (£6.99) by B.J. Novak. Nobody likes a book without pictures but this book is a little bit different. Everything written within a page has to be read aloud by the person reading the book. This book is bound to have those reading and those listening laughing out loud. Words like Blork, Blaggity and Blurf may look and sound silly but when said out will ensure everyone listening (and reading) will enjoy every single word.
6. Daddy Pig’s Words of Wisdom (£5.99). We all know from the TV programme Peppa Pig that Daddy Pig is somewhat of an expert in many things – DIY, cooking and looking after Peppa and George. In this book, we find out his top tips and celebrate all the things that are wonderful about daddies. This is the perfect gift for little ones to give as they can enjoy the story with their daddy.
1. Pro Softshell Jacket from Scuffs (£49.99) available in sizes, small, medium, large, extra large and extra, extra large – there’s a size to fit all. This is a fashionable work jacket that features a waterproof bonded fleece and softshell fabric that has secure pockets to store accessories and has reflective detailing. Perfect for those dads who work outdoors and need lots of pockets for their work bits and bobs.
Socks are always a popular / useful gift idea – who doesn’t love socks? If you’re wanting to buy your dad some socks here are some that are perfect for those dads who cycle and trek.
WoolFusion® Trekker Socks (£15.99). The British made socks have copper ions embedded in their fibres to ensure feet stay fresh during long walks. Copper is well known for its anti-inflammatory effects in the body, as well as being an effective bactericide, reducing the fungi, bacteria and odours most commonly associated with feet. The socks also feature extra cushioning in the Achilles; thick over foot padding with Flex Zone for improved fit and comfort; and additional Lycra in the arch and ankle for enhanced support and stability.
3. Altura Dry Elite Socks
(£10.99) available in sizes – L (10-12), M (7-9) and S (4-6) in colours Black, Hi-Viz Yellow and White. The Altura Dry™ technology is engineered to move excess moisture away from the skin, keeping you dry and comfortable and the Altura ErgoFit™ 3D patterning is engineered for a more comfortable riding position
4. Heat Holders
Slipper Socks (£6.99) will fit feet sized 6 – 11. For those Dad’s who like to chill out on a night why not make sure his feet are kept lovely and warm with some Heat Holders Slipper Socks, the perfect alternative to clunky, traditional slippers. They have a slip-resistant grip so they’re perfect for wearing around the home. The inside of each fully cushioned sock has been brushed creating an incredibly soft feel, ensuring warm air is trapped close to the skin, keeping feet warmer for longer.
5. A Corsivo Norio Paisley Jacquard Silk Tie available from House of Fraser
(£24 from £40). Made from 100% silk and beautifully patterned this tie is perfect for those dads who like to look smart. The tie has 7cm width.
1. Espartero Rioja Gran Reserve (£9.98) from Asda
. This wine is named after Don Baldomero Espartero (1793 – 1879), a Spanish General who lived in Logroño, the capital of Rioja. A medium ruby-brick colour. An aromatic explosion of fine oak with vanilla, spices, dried fruits and subtle bottle aged cigar box aromas. These aromas become more intense and complex as the wine begins to breathe. On the palate, the wine is perfectly balanced with a velvety smooth finish. A classic Rioja which is delicious with lamb dishes.
Football Mix (£1) Each bag contains lots of yummy themed treats – footballs, shirts, trophies and boot shaped jelly and foam pieces. The Football Mix is an ideal sweet treat for those Dads who are football mad.
Fruit Lager (£5.99), a delicious new drink which bottles Kopparberg’s premium fruit flavour in a lager for the very first time. Created by the talented brewers at Kopparberg’s Swedish Bryggeri. Best served ice cold from the bottle and with an ABV of 5%, Kopparberg Fruit Lager delivers a refreshing balance of flavour, marrying Kopparberg’s signature fruit taste with a subtle, premium lager bitterness.
4. Goose Island Ales
(£1.75 each). If your dad loves his ale then Goose Ales have a range of products to suit his taste.
- Goose Island IPA – recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result is a hop lover’s dream with a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, and long hop finish.
- Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale – One of Obama’s favourite beers is inspired by the city of Chicago and densely populated with flavour, 312’s spicy aroma of Cascade hops is followed by a crisp, fruity ale flavour delivered in a smooth, creamy body that’s immensely refreshing.
- Goose Island Honkers Ale – Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honker’s Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honker’s Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one you’ll look forward to time and again.
5. The Extra Special Belgian Biscuit Selection (£3.50) from Asda
is a luxurious assortment of sweet wafers with caramelised hazelnuts, almonds and a mix of Belgian dark, milk and white chocolate-coated biscuits.
6. Chocolate Tools (£14.99) from Firebox.com. Realistic tools that are handmade completely out of chocolate – available in three different tool shapes – Hammer, Spanner or Stilson. Each one is made from delicious Belgian chocolate and would make a great quirky gift this Father’s Day.
Beauty and Male Grooming Gifts
1. Baylis and Harding
Football Gift Set (£25) available from Tesco. The ball shaped wash bag is a perfect gift for those football mad dads who are enjoying Euro 2016. Inside the bag you will find a 100ml Bottle Hair & Body Wash, 100ml Bottle Aftershave Balm, 50ml Tube Face Wash and 50ml Tube Shower Gel.
2. 4711 Original Eau De Cologne (£16.95), also known as the Wonder Water. The unisex fragrance contains light, invigorating top notes of zesty Bergamot, Lemon and Orange. Together, these ingredients create an invigorating scent explosion, to refresh and revitalise the mind, body and soul. The base note of Neroli complements and calms.
Series 3 Electric Shaver (£99.99) available from Amazon, Argos and Tesco – features the new MicroComb technology – it catches and feeds more hair into the cutting parts for outstanding performance on 3-day beards and minimising shaving rash. The shaver is specifically designed for use in the shower and with foam, it is 100% waterproof and can also be rinsed under running water for easy cleaning. The shaver has three independently floating elements that adapt to facial contours, cutting both long and short hairs with every stroke. Can be used Corded or cordless and has a charge time of 1 hour for 45 minutes usage but 5 minutes quick charge provides enough power for one shave. The pop-up trimmer is perfect for trimming sideburns and moustache. Accessories included: charging stand, protective travel pouch, cleaning brush, protective cap.
4. Sure limited edition Williams Racing Antiperspirant. Available in 75ml (RRP £2.39), 125ml (RRP £3.29) and 50ml Roll On (RRP £1.99). These make the perfect add-on gift for any F1 racing fan for Father’s Day. The latest edition to the Sure range contains Motionsense; a breakthrough patented technology with microcapsules that break with friction to release bursts of freshness all day.
5. Adidas Ice Dive Gift Set (£5) from Asda
. A lovely gift set for any day. Each set includes Deo Body Spray, Eau de Toilette Natural Spray, 3 in 1 Shower Gel, Shampoo & Face Wash.
6. Gillette Fusion ProShield Razor (£12) shields while you shave. ProShield Lubrication before and after the blades lays down a protective layer to shield from irritation. Plus, FlexBall Technology makes maximum contact over contours and gets virtually every hair Gillette Fusion ProShield is Gillette’s most advanced razor.
7. TABAC After Shave Lotion (£13.10) Originally launched in 1959, TABAC Original is a timeless favourite that has made a staggering comeback due to popular demand. TABAC has a distinctive peppery and floral scent that combines a blend of bergamot, neroli and lavender accented with tobacco, oakmoss and vanilla, making the fragrance confident, energising and masculine – the ideal fragrance to treat the man in your life.
8. The Braun Beard Trimmer (£39.99) available from Tesco, Amazon and Argos- gives you exact length and precise contours. Whether you want to achieve designer stubble or trim your full beard, the detachable trimming comb provides the flexibility you need. Can be used both wet and dry. An 8-hour charge provides 50 minutes usage. Accessories include – cleaning brush, blade guard, 2 pin adaptor.
Gadget and Toy Gifts
Spark Fitness Watch (£189) For dads who like to keep in shape this is the watch for them. The watch has a massive range of features – sleep tracking, multisport mode, GPS tracking and the ability to store a music playlist on your wrist that you can listen to wirelessly during your workout.2. Nixplay
Seed Photo Frame (£89.99) Perfect for sharing photos of your favourite images and available in 3 different sizes and a variety of colours – blue, black, mango and mulberry, so there’s something to suit every taste. The frame makes a perfect gift for Father’s Day. You can share photos instantly from your smartphone to your frame and it even turns on automatically when someone enters the room. Even if you’re at the other side of the world you can send photos to the frame using the Nixplay mobile app or via e-mail.
3. Protective Case for an iPad Air – The Impact Folio Case (£59.95). Whether you’re dad’s a frequent traveller, working in the office or relaxing at home the Impact Folio case is designed to fit in with his busy lifestyle. A slim-fitting, flexible TPU shell integrated with FlexShock™ surrounds the device. FlexShock™ is a new cutting edge hybrid material with multiple stages of impact protection. It absorbs and repels damaging forces away from the point of impact. The fully integrated folio cover will protect the front of your iPad whilst it is not in use, or in storage and it’s auto-wake magnets wake your iPad when you open the protective case. Mechanical buttons allow for easy access to all ports and controls, and with multiple hands-free viewing and typing options.
4. Bluetooth Sports Headphones (£14.59).If your dad is a sporty person and likes listening to music whilst he’s working our or on a run, he will know how annoying and almost impossible it is to work out with wired earphones. A pair of wireless, Bluetooth In-ear earbuds would be the perfect gift for him. These earphones come with 3 pairs of sport fit stabilisers to guarantee a comfortable work-out and stable wear. You can enjoy wireless music within a 30 feet working distance so you don’t need to have your source of music on you. The extra long built-in battery provides up to 5 hours talking/playing time for a 2-hour charge.
5. Game of Thrones Monopoly Collectors Edition (£29.99). A must have for all Game of Thrones fans. The game lets players purchase Craster’s Keep (Old Kent Road) and the Fist of the First Men (Whitechapel) and other popular places from the hit TV show including King’s Landing (Mayfair). A few changes have been made and players will note that the pieces have changed – the top hat has been swapped for a crown, the dog for a Direwolf and the iron for the Iron Throne – but the object of the game and rules are still the same as before so if you land on someone’s property with houses / hotels prepare to pay up.
6. Game of Thrones Map of the Known World 1,000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle (£12.99). Another product that fans of the TV show will love. Dads will need a lot of patient as this 1000 puzzle is sure to keep them busy for a few hours piecing together the recognizable map of The Known World with the sigils from House Stark, House Targaryen, House Lannister, House Baratheon, House Tyrell, House Greyjoy and the sigil of Stannis Baratheon displayed above the map. Available from Amazon and Alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk.
7. 1000 piece Falcon de luxe Classic Car Show Jigsaw Puzzle (£11.99). The perfect gift for dads who love puzzles and cars. The puzzle shows a fantastic collection of British classic cars including the Austin Healy 3000, Mini Cooper and Jaguar E-Type and many more. Available from Amazon and jigsawpuzzlesdirect.co.uk.
8. Nerf N-Strike Dual-Strike Blaster (£22.99). We all know that dads are kids at heart and why not let them unleash their inner child with a Nerf Gun. The Nerf N-Strike Dual-Strike blaster fires both Elite darts and Mega Whistler darts to deliver double the impact in Nerf battles. Keep opponents guessing by flipping between dart types. The Dual-Strike blaster fires one dart at a time. Choose a target, choose a dart, and launch into battle.
9. LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team-up (RRP: £19.99). Stage a street battle scene as Spider-Man and Ghost Rider join forces against Hobgoblin. Dodge the Goblin Glider’s missiles and flaming pumpkin bomb, and use Ghost Rider’s fire chain to catch the evil demon. Knock Hobgoblin off his Goblin Glider or the top of the traffic light with Spider-Man’s Super Jumper! The set includes a Ghost Rider Bike, Goblin Glider, traffic light model and a Spider-Man, Hobgoblin and Ghost Rider Minifigure.
10. Rubik’s Void (RRP £14.99) The classic 1980’s puzzle gets a new dimension in the form of the Rubik’s Void! Try and solve it without the core…Twist and turn the cube until you complete the coloured circle encapsulating the void. Without the core, the puzzle intensifies and with slick movements the mechanics of this latest Cube allow you to corner cut like never before!
1. A Set Of 2 Whiskey Glasses (£22). If your dad likes drinking spirits then these glasses will make a perfect gift for him. The glasses say “Half Full” on them. They are available from the Imperial War Museum
2. Duxford Spitfire Hip Flask (£18) .Stainless steel hip flask with etched Spitfire blueprint. The motto ‘Verrimus Caelum’ meaning ‘We Sweep the Sky’ is featured on the back. Available from the Imperial War Museum
’s Barbershop collection (£12.99). A collection specifically designed for men that mimics the scents of the traditional Barber Shop. Presented in black glass tumblers and featuring a brushed metal lid. Each candle burns for up to 95 hours.
4. Camelbak Podium Bottle
(£10.99) Perfect for those dads who love to cycle. The bottle has an innovative self-sealing jet valve which eliminates splatters and spills, it also has a lockout system so that it can be transported without you worrying that it will leak. Available in Cannondale Green, Italian Pink, Spanish Red and Frosty UK.
*This post contains PR samples – all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own*