Spring has well and truly sprung and the spring cleaning in our house and my wardrobe is well under way, and now that I’ve lost a little weight (I still have a little more to lose) I am starting to look at new clothes as my wardrobe is looking a little bare so I’m in need or a new outfit or two.
Here are a few of the things I’m hoping to buy in the next week or so:
- I love this Black Floral High Neck Cami top (£8.99, New Look). The floral design is perfect for spring and I think it would look great on both a glam or a casual night out. You could even wear it in summer with a pair of shorts.
- One or two pairs of Jeggings / skinny jeans (£20.00, Dorothy Perkins) – a staple must have in any girls wardrobe. They are comfortable to wear and stylish. They can be dressed up or down and worn with heels, flats, sandals and boots – They can be worn with pretty much anything – a baggy shirt or jumper or cardigan which leads me on to my next item.
- I hate spring weather – it’s too warm for a coat but too cold to go out without wearing something. When it’s like this I like to wear a cardigan. I love this Long Cardigan (£45.00, Woolovers). It’s made from 30% cashmere and 70% Merino wool. It’s lightweight but warm and it’s very comfortable to wear. It even has two handy pockets which are great for holding your phone, tissues or money so you don’t need to take your handbag with you if you’re just nipping to the shops.
- Although if I was to buy a new handbag (£69.00, Debenhams), it would be a lightweight one that I could wear over one shoulder with enough space to hold the essentials whilst on a shopping trip or on the school run / after school trip to the supermarket to find something quick and easy for tea.
- Shoes are a must when buying new wardrobe essentials and let’s face it – it’s a woman’s prerogative to buy new shoes for a new outfit. My days of wearing high heels are numbered and now I can’t last more than a couple of hours without wishing I was wearing my slippers so when it comes to buying shoes I tend to buy a pair that’s flat and comfy. These Ballet Pumps (£19.00 ( reduced from £35.00), Kurt Geiger) are perfect for everyday wear and would look great with skinny jeans.
- I would finish my outfit off with a necklace or bangle. I’m not a huge fan of jewelry but I love to wear a necklace that matches my two rings and stud earrings. I love this beautiful necklace (£8.00, Accessorize). It’s simple yet beautiful – just enough to be noticed.
- Although technically not clothing I always like to buy new perfume when updating my wardrobe – a bottle of the new Marc Jacobs Daisy Blush fragrance (£59.00, Boots) would be the perfect finishing touch to my new wardrobe of outfits.