Buying new appliances can be very tricky – you’re spending a lot of money and hopefully planning to keep them for a lengthy amount of time. But, you have to make sure that they’re perfect for you, your needs and your home. So what things should you consider:
1. The price – the saying you get what you pay for is certainly true. Look around for offers and sales and compare prices both online and in store as prices can vary a great deal. If you have a strict budget to stick to then shopping savvy can make all the difference.
2. Size matters – if you have a large family a small appliance isn’t going to work out well for you. As a family of five, we do a weekly shop and a top up shop mid-week, buying in bulk saves us time and money.
3. Running costs – most if not all appliances are designed to be energy efficient but it doesn’t hurt to make sure you do your research before you part with your hard earned cash. Comparing ratings before purchasing can save you a great deal over your appliances lifetime.
4. Blending in – there’s nothing worse than buying something that doesn’t fit in with the rest of your appliances / kitchen decor. Although it’s not the be all and end all if you’re like me you like things to match and blend in well. I love that you can buy appliances in a variety of colours and finishings these days.
5. Appliance Features – this varies from appliance to appliance some have built-in water and ice dispensers and LED displays whilst others have extra shelves, frost-free and quick chill / fast freeze functions. Depending on your level of need depends on the functions you will get the most use out of. The Hotpoint XUL95T1ZXOJH has Day 1 Fresh Technology – this is certainly something that we as a family would find incredibly useful. Day 1 Technology gives you first-day freshness for up to 14 days. This means that the original quality and freshness of food can be kept for longer. See this video below for more information about this new technology and this model of fridge from Hotpoint.