This week’s Flashback is from my first trip to Amsterdam. It was the first time Matthew and I had been away on our own and the city stole my heart. It will always have a place there. I love the majestic look of the ancient buildings and how they so easily fit into the hustle and bustle of a very modern up to date city. I had won the trip – the prize was a mini cruise with DFDS Seaways – anyone who knows me knows I HATE and I mean hate water with a passion – it scares the bejeebers out of me so much so I won’t get out of my depth in a swimming pool and you’ll never ever get me in the sea past my knees, so actually getting me on the ferry was a hugeeee deal but one that I actually enjoyed once I was onboard and did again 6 months later when I won another trip to Amsterdam. I’ve not been back since but hope that in the next year or so Matthew and I will get to revisit our city.
The reason I took this picture is that I have never, ever, ever seen a Multi-story bicycle park… In fact, have never seen anything like it in my life. If you’ve ever been to Amsterdam you will know that there are bicycles everywhere and are chained up everywhere so I’m not sure why I was so shocked to see this. But I think it just adds to the things that I love about Amsterdam – you never know what to expect.
Have you been anywhere that has a special place in your heart?
Flashback Friday Rules:
- Your Flashback can be an old photo (with or without words), an old post – anything you like
- Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog
- You can post up to two links a week – one old post and one old photo post
- Add my button to the bottom of the post/picture you’re linking up so everyone can see where the linky originated (copy the code from the box below)
- Comment on my Flashback Friday post and/or others who have already posted (this rule isn’t mandatory but it’s a nice thing to do)