I am loving the Sea Pirate duvet set from Room to Grow. The sets have a single duvet and matching pillowcase. The design features swashbuckling pirates sailing on shark infested seas – a must-have bedding set for any budding adventurer.
I love to bake and this summer I have been baking a lot with the boys. Recently we were sent some Aldi Special Buy items so that we could make some of our favourite recipes. As with all of the Special Buy items, once they’re gone, they’re gone so be sure to get yourself in store or online asap to avoid disappointment.
- Cake Baking Kits – An assortment of ceramic scoops and measuring spoons to give perfect measurements for easy cake baking. Comes with a flour scoop, sugar scoop, dual measure spoon and piping bag included, these baking sets are ideal for creating your own cakes.
- Layer Cake Set – With this set, you can create a 5 layered creation layer by layer with this 5 piece set. Each tin is 15cm deep.
- Airtight Containers – An essential in any kitchen. The set includes 2 x 200ml, 3 x 400ml, 3 x 1 litre and 2 x 2 litre containers which can be used to store and freeze leftovers or to keep food fresher for longer.
- Premium Icing Kit –This icing set allows you to create patterns, words and amazing designs. Includes 26 Stainless Steel Nozzles, 2 Icing Bags, Icing Nail, Cleaning Brush and Storage Box.
SalterCook App, Scales and Thermometer
I have loved using these Salter items in my baking this summer. The scales, thermometer and the app have made things so much easier, especially when I have been searching the internet for recipes to recreate with the boys. I can simply save them to the app for later use.
The Salter Cook App – is free to download from the App Store and Google Play. The app allows users to search through Salter recipes or browse the internet and capture and add their favourite online recipes to their own personal cookbook. Use with the Salter Scales and Probe and you can connect and control them both on one, easy-to-read screen to the app. Measurements taken are displayed directly on your tablet/smartphone. The app pulls out key information such as ingredients, measurements, units, temperatures and cooking times whilst also helping you adjust portions and add categories to keep track of your favourite recipes. Use the Salter App, as you cook, for simple step by step guidelines helping you to achieve the best results with minimum fuss.
Salter Cook Pro Bluetooth Recipe Scale – Connects to your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth 4.0. The scales feature:
- Weigh with or without the app with dual display
- Easy to read backlit LCD display
- Ultra slim glass platform – hygienic and easy to clean
- Add & Weigh ‘zero’ function – allows for measurement of multiple ingredients in the same bowl
- Weigh directly on the platform or with your own mixing bowl – suitable for use with most bowls or containers
- Switch between metric and imperial units
Salter Cook Bluetooth Thermometer – Connect to your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth 4.0. Features:
- Quick and accurate
- 0.1°C/0.1°F graduations
- ABS body and stainless steel probe
- Ideal for checking meat temperatures, jam making, confectionery, barbequing and much more.
- Compact design for easy storage
- Switch between metric and imperial unit
Heck Sausages and Burgers
Summer is in full swing and I hate to say it but it’s almost over with. The weather has been so miserable here that we’ve not even managed to enjoy one barbecue in the garden and when it has been nice Matthew has always been at work. Which has been a great shame especially when we were sent a lovely hamper of Heck sausages and burgers to enjoy a little while a go. So instead of a barbeque in the garden, we enjoyed the products in a variety of meals instead. My brother in law loved the chicken sausages as an addition to his fry up and we thought that the square sausages, chicken burgers and 97% pork sausages were the best we’ve ever tasted.
*We were sent the above products for the purpose of this post – all thoughts and opinions expressed are my my own*