My Three love pasta so what better meal to make than a Spaghetti Bolognese - it's quick and is so easy to make, is filling and you can make it really healthy by adding hidden vegetables into the sauce if you wish. Our Bolognaise consists of Mince, Onions, Mushrooms, Dolmio Sauce and Spaghetti.
- Fill a large pan with water, add a little salt and put it on to boil.
- Whilst the water is heating up chop the onions and mushrooms up.
- Put the onions and mince in a frying pan and fry until the meat is browned - here I add a little salt and pepper to season the mince. I lightly fry the mushrooms in a separate pan (and add them to the sauce after I have served Matthew and Nathan theirs as they hate mushrooms in any food)
- Once the water is boiling add Spaghetti, stir and bring it back to the boil - your Spaghetti should take around 10 - 12 minutes to cook.
- Transfer Mince into a sauce pan and add a jar of Dolmio Original Sauce, let it heat up gently to a simmer, stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once both Spaghetti and sauce are cooked serve with grated cheese and enjoy.
Did you know,
"A 500g jar of Dolmio Bolognese sauce is 100% natural; it contains no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or sweeteners. In each jar, you’ll find at least 10 juicy diced tomatoes, some tomato puree, half an onion, sunflower oil, garlic, a handful of herbs, a teaspoon of cornflour, a teaspoon of salt, a pinch of pepper, two teaspoons of beet sugar for taste, a squeeze of lemon juice, a splash of water and nothing more. In fact, a jar provides a family of four with one of their 5-a-day making it a great mid-week meal option for the whole family".
*This post is an entry for the #Dolmio #ThankGoodness Challenge, sponsored by Dolmio. www.dolmio.co.uk/thankgoodness*