If your little one has been complaining of an itchy scalp or has been scratching their head then it may be time to check and make sure they don't have any unwanted visitors. You should look near the scalp, behind the ears and near the nape of the neck, along the hairline. If they have head lice you will see small insects that are 2 to 3 mm, they are very small and quick so not easy to catch unless you have a comb. It is easier to treat hair then comb when wet to remove lice, larvae and nits. Head lice can become a huge and uncomfortable problem if left untreated. Each louse lives for about 50 days. Female lice lay 5 to 10 eggs (nits) per day. After a week, the egg hatches and the embryo becomes a larva, which will reach adulthood in 2 weeks. The adult lice live for about 30 days on a person’s head. The lice multiply rapidly which is why it's so important that you get treatment quickly.
Puressentiel's Anti-lice product range is made up of two products - a lotion to eliminate lice and a repellent spray to help stop them from coming back.
- Treatment Lotion
The lotion contains:
- No neurotoxic insecticides
- No silicone - No dimethicone
- No preservatives
- No synthetic fragrances
- No propellant gas
The bottle has an applicator which makes it both easy and practical to use. Unlike chemical based products it has a fresh and pleasant fragrance and will leave your hair silky and shiny. It is suitable for use by adults and children over 3 years, priced at £12.99.
- Lice Repellant Spray
How to Use:
- Do not spray towards the eyes and shield them during use.
- During periods of infestation, you can spray the lotion once daily, in the morning, 5 to 7 times (0.9 to 1.26 ml) onto the hair, make sure to focus on sensitive areas - nape of the neck, behind the ears this will give an effective protection from lice for up to 24 hours.
- Do not rinse or wipe off and allow to dry naturally.
Puressentiel can be found on Facebook and Twitter. For more information about their anti-lice treatments, you can find it here.