1. Pencil Pets – Choose from puppy kits or kitten packs (£4.99 each). The kits come with everything you need to create your own pencil pets. Pencil Pets have interchangeable eraser body parts and loads of accessories to let you create a unique character for your pencil toppers. These sets would make a great stocking filler this Christmas.
2. Pencils – Pencils always make a great stocking filler . Write Pencils are made to scale for children’s hands and are available in ages 2 – 6, 6 – 10 and 10+ years. They can encourage good handwriting habits from the beginning and help to improve confidence and ability.
3. This book Thinks You’re a Scientist – Explore seven key scientific areas in the Science Museum’s new interactive gallery for children: force and motion, electricity and magnetism, earth and space, light, matter, sound and mathematics. Each spread centres on an open-ended question or activity, with space on the page for the child to write, draw or interact with the book. Imagine dogs are magnetic! Design how you would make a book fly. Write a new robot language. The book ends with a section for children to record their own guided independent investigations, including surveys and experiment logs. Perfect for any budding scientist.
The following books are available from Carlton Books.
4. Fairies: A Spotter’s Handbook – Can you spot the hidden fairy on every page? Readers are invited to spot the hidden fairy on each spread, as they take a peek inside the fairy queen’s castle, discover the mysterious world of fairyland and enter a captivating world of sparkle and spells.
5. My Little Pony: Where Equestria Comes to Life Book – Meet the ponies of the magical land of Equestria, and bring your favourite ponies to life on your smartphone or tablet! See Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends like you’ve never seen them before, interact with your favourite ponies as they grow to their true size right before your eyes, or you can connect to a friend’s device and have your ponies take a stroll together.
6. Transformers Robots In Disguise: Where Crown City Comes To Life Book – Young fans can then bring their favourite Autobots and Decepticons to life and interact with them on their smartphones and tablets. You can also connect your device to a friend’s, and go head-to-head in a battle to see who is the ultimate winner.
7. The Ultimate Emoji Sticker Activity Book – Fun the whole family can enjoy. The perfect gift for any emoji-mad family members. Packed with over 50 creative and educational activity games – from emoji history to design your own emoji, and from cut-out emoji masks to emoji sudoku.
8. A Gift Set – Baylis & Harding’s Pretty Pony collection is a perfect stocking filler idea (£10). The set includes 30 ml Shower Creme, 30 ml Body Wash, 1.5 ml Lip Balm, 70 g Bath Crystals, 50 ml Body Wash
9. Itty Bitty’s – A collection of cute figures from Hallmark. The collection features characters from everyone’s favourite films including DC Comics, Star Wars and Wizard of Oz plus many others. Figures are priced at £6.00 each.
10. Juggle Bubbles – A great stocking filler that’s fun for all the family. Create the Juggle Bubbles (£9.99) with the specially designed blower, toss it into the air, and thanks to the special gloves, the bubbles can be caught, bounced and passed.
11. WHSmith Christmas Bears – To celebrate Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 16th December WHSmith will stock two Christmas Jumper Day bears called Benji and Bruno who both have their very own festive jumpers. Both bears will be sold in WHSmith High Street stores across the UK and online, retailing for £4.99 with £1 being donated to Save the Children for every bear sold.
12. Teletubbies Tubby Snowball DVD – Teletubbies fans will love this festive DVD that contains 6 episodes following the adventures of Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po. As winter arrives in Teletubbyland with snow covering every surface, the Teletubbies make their very own snowman complete with hat, scarf and a carrot nose. The episodes are: ‘Snowball’, ‘Packing’, ‘Number Four’, ‘Flying’, ‘Taps’ and ‘Party!’.
1. Pipity Gift Combo – This Gift Combo Set (£29.99) is made up of an activity case and portfolio from Pipity. It would make a great Christmas present for a child who loves to be creative. The Pipity Activity Case has everything your little one needs all in one place – Activity Starter Pack with 18 pages of Activities; Set of 12 x Pipity Colouring Pencils; Pipity HB Pencil; Pipity Pencil Sharpener; Pipity Scissors (child-friendly + plane-friendly); Pipity Flexible Ruler; Pipity Glue Stick (non-toxic) – colour of Pencil, Sharpener, Scissors, Ruler and Glue Stick matches Activity Case colour. The Pipity Portfolio is a fab companion to the Activity Case in which to store your precious creations.
2. Ice Age 5: Collision Course – Available on Blu-ray (£14.99) and DVD (£9.99) from 5th December courtesy of Twentieth century Fox Home Entertainment. When Scrat, still determined to get his elusive acorn, finds himself catapulted into outer space, he crashes his craft setting off a series of catastrophic cosmic events that threaten the future of planet Earth. As an asteroid hits Earth, Manny, Ellie, Sid, Diego and the gang decide to pack up their things and move as far away as possible from the falling boulders.
3. A Gift Set – Baylis & Harding Pretty Pony, Funky Farm, Money Box (£13.00). The set includes 1 money box and 1 x 30 ml body wash.
4. Peppa’s Alphaphonics Campervan – The Campervan features various games to help your little ones learn letters and words. You can move the slider across the top to select from eight spelling games – find the missing letter, choose the word that begins with a letter, or repeat what Peppa says, there are a variety of fun ways to learn. Suitable for children aged 3 years and priced at £19.99.
5. Digital Walkie Talkies – Lightweight walkie talkies (£24.99) from Discovery Channel that can be used to talk to your friends whilst out and about. They have a ringing call alert that lets your friends know you want to speak to them and they work up to a range of 3km outdoors. The Walkie Talkies come with belt clip and built-in night light and a LED display too. Each Walkie Talkie requires 3x AAA batteries (not included).
6. Electro Dough Kit – This kit makes learning fun. Children can learn how to make their own working circuit and bring their dough creations to life with LED eyes and swatches. The set doesn’t include AA batteries and dough but recipe ideas are included. It is suitable for children over 4 years of age. Technology Will Save Us are an award winning brand on a mission to captivate the spark of creative imagination in children and like-minded adults. They support learning through the use of play, helping children make, play, code and invent using their make-it-yourself technology kits.
7. A Colouring Activity Set – Available from Tesco (£22). This BIC set includes 80 pieces including colouring pencils, pens and stencils. It is the ultimate colouring companion for any young artist. It has plenty to keep little ones busy over the Christmas holidays especially on those long journies to visit relatives over the festive period.
8. A Personalised Book – The Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home (£19.99) follows a curious little explorer from outer space right to their own front door. It’s a story about home. It includes a satellite view of their actual neighbourhood, and it’s so incredibly personalised that it can only belong to one child. It’s a lovely story that you can read together and a keepsake that can be cherished forever.
9. The Gloriumptious Worlds of Roald Dahl Book – The book is a brilliant extension to Roald Dahl’s stories. It gives a fascinating insight into the characters and events from Roald Dahl’s writing in a humorous and exciting way. For the very first time, the stories behind the stories are brought to life in this brand new title. Inside, Quentin Blake’s iconic illustrations are combined with previously unpublished reproductions of imagined letters, artefacts and posters, and editing notes from Dahl himself, to bring all of Roald Dahl’s characters alive. This book is published by Carlton Books and is available for £16.99.
10. Num Noms Lipgloss Truck – This toy is priced at £32.99 and contains everything needed to make your own flavoured lipgloss! Choose from either vanilla or cherry, add sprinkles, mix it all up and dispense it from the soft serve machine into a Sundae container. The set also includes Special Edition Num Noms, a Cherry Scoop and 3 Lipgloss Sundae containers.
11. Zwoosh Ball – Zwoosh Ball is a floating ball game that’s great for indoor play. Powerful fans create a cushion of air turning any surface into an instant playing field! The rebound bumper protects furniture, skirting boards and walls, plus the clever ‘Disc’ design keeps Zwoosh Ball firmly on the floor.
12. Shopkins Kinstructions Town Centre – This Shopkins set (£29.99) features three destinations in one. Your Shopkins can visit the Beauty Boutique, Mini Mart and Sweet Shop. The centre has real opening windows, a Shopkins street sign, trolley and three-tiered gondola.
The set also comes with 6 Shopkins figures not seen in any other pack, including one mystery Shopkins figure. Perfect for any little Shopkins fan.
13. A Doodle World Map – The perfect way to teach children about the World in a fun way. The world map is aimed at young children with clear and easy to read fonts. Continents, countries and rivers are clearly shown. The Doodle World Map (£25) is supplied with a pack of crayons so that children can colour the countries in.
14. A Digital Metal Detector – A great gift for any young explorer who wants to find hidden metal objects. The metal detector features a sensitivity and volume control and emits a beeping sound when close to metal objects. Would be a great gift to get kids outside. Suitable for ages 8 and over priced at £19.99.
15. An Astronomical Telescope – Priced at £19.99 this telescope from Discovery Channel can be used to view the moon, other planets and the stars. It boasts 25-50 times magnification and features an aluminium tripod. Perfect for any avid stargazer.
- Bars: 23″ (H) x 21″ (W) 4031 Japanese Chromoly Oversized Upsweep Fluted T-Bar
- Deck: 4″ Wide VX6 6061 T4 & T6 Heat Treated Alloy, Fluted with 3 Concave
- Fork: Threadless Steel IHC Fork with Cut Out
- Wheels: 100mm 88a Alloy Anodised Core with High Rebound Urethane
- Grips: 130mm TPR Grind Grips with Nylon Bar Ends
- Clamp: Double Bolt Powder Coated 6061 Alloy
- Headset: FSA Sealed Bearings: K2 ABEC 9 Rated Chrome High Speed
- Grip Tape: MGP Printed Full Deck Grip
- Brake: MGP Composite Blitz Brake
- Finish: Powder Coated Fade or Solid Colour
- Weighs 3.76 kg (8.29 lbs) MG Alloy Badge Decal
- Full Scooters Stickers Sheet with over 36 stickers
- Skate Wax for tricks – grinding rails, curb and other surfaces
- A Wristband
- x2 ABEC 9 High Speed & Quality Bearings
- Scooter Replacement Griptape