If you'd like to recreate this recipe you will need:
- 50g Bran Flakes
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 105g Wholemeal Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50g Margarine
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 100g Raspberries
- 75g Blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases and put to one side.
- Soak the bran flakes in the milk for 10 minutes.
- Sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar then beat in the egg.
- Stir in alternate spoonfuls of the soaked bran flakes and flour mixture.
- Gently fold in the fruit.
- Put the mixture in the cases - half-fill each case with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes
*You can use any soft fruit in this recipe.
You can find this recipe and many more on the Bright Horizons recipe page. The closest Bright Horizons nursery to us that uses these recipes is Macintosh Nursery in Manchester.
*We were provided with a recipe book and the ingredients needed for this recipe*