You may have read my recent post about the Eat Your Greens, Reds, Yellows and Purples Children's Cookbook. Inside the cookbook is a recipe to make a Green Smoothie. I used the Boss to Go (£129) to make the recipe and was very impressed with the results, the boys and I have enjoyed making and drinking them a few times since. The recipe required Spinach, Grapes, Peanut Butter, Banana, Ice, and Milk. I was a little worried that the ingredients would clog up in the blender as they are quite hard and thick (not a great description but I hope you get what I mean). But my worries were unfounded as the Boss to Go blitzed through them all even the crunchy Peanut Butter. Thanks to its 1000w motor and unique Kinetix blade system the Boss to Go blends even the toughest of ingredients. The blades cut up the ingredients so finely that you are left with a very well blended tasty smoothie.
I love that the Boss to Go is really easy to use. Simply add the ingredients into one of the blending cups, screw the blade on and give it a whizz for a few seconds - I found that 15 - 20-second bursts worked well, pop on one of the travel lids and your smoothie is ready to go.
The blender comes with 2 x 500ml cups, resealable lids, and a smoothie recipe book. The Cups, lids, and blade assembly are dishwasher safe.
In summary, the main points of the blender are:
- Unique Kinetix™ blade system
- Die cast metal blades
- Simple twist-and-go mechanism for minimal effort
- Comes with two x BPA-free Tritan tumblers and sports lids
- Includes an official Heston Blumenthal recipe book for shakes and smoothies to get you going
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
If you'd like to make a Green Smoothie of your own, here is what you'll need:
- 1 small or half of a large banana
- 75g green grapes
- 60g baby spinach
- 150ml milk or almond milk if preferred
- 1tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- A handful of ice cubes
- Peel the banana and break it up into chunks. Put in a blender with the grapes
- Add the spinach, milk, honey, peanut butter and ice cubes
- Blend the mixture until smooth - you can add more ice cubes if it's not chilled / smooth enough