Here are a few drinks ideas that I think go well with Easter chocolate, cake or meals.
The set Includes:
• 2 packs of CRU Intense Coffee
• 1 Tin of Lavolio Chocolate Marshmallows
• 1 Tin of Lavolio Cocoa Powder
• 1 Mocha Recipe Card
Hope and Glory Tea (prices start from just £11) have a huge range of hand picked organic teas. Their Earl Grey tea would complement a nice lemon chiffon cake, whilst their English breakfast is perfect to enjoy with a Barbadian cake if you prefer herbal tea their Peppermint tea is the perfect accompaniment to dark chocolate.
Spring is in the air which means summer isn't far away. This means only one thing to me.... Cocktails. Here are two of my favourites, made using spirits from Aldi. If you'd like to make your own follow the recipes below:
- 50 ml Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin
- ½ a cup of white sugar
- ½ a cup hot water
- 10-12 blackberries
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 mint leaves
- Sparkling water to top
- Fill a tall glass and a cocktail shaker with cubed ice
- To make blackberry syrup dissolve the white sugar in the hot water. Once dissolved add in 10/12 blackberries and allow to cool down to room temperature before straining and chilling in the fridge
- Add 25ml of blackberry syrup and all ingredients (except the sparkling water) to the cocktail shaker
- Shake hard for ten seconds and then strain through a tea strainer into the ice-filled tall glass
- Slowly top with sparkling water
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, blackberry and large mint sprig. ]Dust with castor sugar to give a frosted look.
Grilled Peach Julep
- 50 ml Highland Black 8 Year Old Whisky
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 15ml honey
- 1 peach
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- Add the mint to the cocktail shaker and cover with the Highland Black 8 Year Old Whisky. Lightly muddle using a wooden spoon
- Add the honey to the cocktail shaker and stir until dissolved
- To make peach puree cut 1 peach in half and de-stone. Lightly grill the two halves until they begin to caramelise. Add to a blender until smooth and place in the fried to chill
- Add 25ml of peach puree and all the remaining ingredients and stir to ensure all the flavours are combined
- Pour into an ice-filled tall glass
- Serve with a large mint sprig.