- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 121g bag of Maltesers
- 65g Marshmallows*
- 75g Glace Cherries
- 8 Digestive Biscuits
- 2tb Golden Syrup
- 65g Unsalted Butter
- Prepare a 22cm tin - line the tin with greaseproof paper - this is so that your Rocky Road doesn't stick to the tin.
- Break up the biscuits into uneven pieces - we found that by placing the biscuits in a bag and hitting it gently with a rolling pin we got the consistency that we wanted.
- Cut up both the cherries (halves or quarters) and Marshmallows
- Place the butter, syrup and chocolate into a bowl and melt. We did this by placing the bowl over a pan of boiling water (be careful as the bowl can get very hot) but some people prefer to use a microwave.
- Take the bowl from the heat and add the Maltesers, Biscuits, Cherries and Marshmallows - make sure you stir them in well so that they are all coated in the melted chocolate.
- Place the mixture into the tin making sure that you push it right up to the corners.
- Put in the fridge to set. 2 hours should be enough but if you're in no hurry to cut it up and eat it then leave as long as possible.
What I love about Rocky Road is that you can add anything you like to your recipe. If you don't like cherries leave them out and add something else instead. Why not experiment with different types of chocolate and ingredients. I love Rocky Road with Brazil nuts but the boys don't so I always try to make them a batch of their own.
*We used Mega Marshmallows (£3.00 a bag in B & M, Home Bargains, Tesco) in our recipe - we cut them up using scissors into smaller pieces but if you'd like you can use mini marshmallows instead.