Sometimes the smaller things in life that can bring the most pleasure. Mother’s Day is a day to show mum just how much she means to you. The gift ideas below are thoughtful, pampering and luxurious without the high price tags.
1. A Sentiments Candle £14.99
Yankee Candle have expanded their range of candles and have recently released their Sentiments Range. Each candle is printed with a phrase that lets someone know how much they mean to you. Perfect for Mum on Mother’s Day and for other special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or even a thank-you. What better way to show mum how much you love her than with a luxurious candle. The lavender, white and deep Lilacs candle states “Mums Make Everything Brighter” and they aren’t wrong. The candle has two wicks and a burn time of 50 hours – so plenty of time to help mum relax.
2. A Box of Dipped Cherries £8.95
Iain Burnett, The Highland Chocolatier is known for luxury chocolates. Why not treat your mum to a box of Juicy Neapolitan Imperial cherries on their natural stalks, expertly candied to retain the fruit’s natural juices, hand dipped in São Tomé 70% dark chocolate. The cherries have been paired with Glenfiddich 30 Year Old malt from Dufftown on Speyside. A truly indulgent treat that any mum will enjoy that has the subtle flavours of both the whisky and the chocolate.
3. Adult Colouring Books and Stationery
If your mum is in need of a tool to help her de-stress and she loves colouring then Crayola have launched a range of products aimed at adults just in time for Mother’s Day. The new range of Adult Colouring Books (RRP: £9.99 each) and stationery products includes a 12 pack of 24-colour dual sided pencils (RRP: £4.99), 50 pack of pencils (RRP: £11.49) and 12 delicate fine line markers for intricate colouring (RRP: £4.49). Crayola’s Adult Colouring Books feature a range of beautiful and intricate designs created by artists at Hallmark.
4. A Spa Goodness Gift Set £22.00
Dove have recently released a new DermaSpa range – the first body care collection to harness Cell-Moisturisers™ technology. Cell-Moisturisers™ have been proven to improve the condition of the skin barrier compared to glycerin alone – the primary moisturiser in many other body care products, leaving skin feeling luminous and velvety soft. The set contains:
- Hand Cream
- Body Lotion
- Body Cream
- Eye Mask
- Luxury Gift Box
If that isn’t up your mums street why not treat her to a Dove Pampering Washbag Gift Set (£13.00). This set is sure to leave mum with beautifully soft and smooth skin. The set contains:
- Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash
- Nourishing Body Wash Silk Glow
- Soft Feel Anti-Perspirant
- Stylish Wash Bag
5. Raffaello From £3.14
Raffaello from Ferrero are the perfect gift to show mum just how much she means to you this Mother’s Day. Each Raffaello treat is made from a delicate coconut cream, wrapped in a thin, crispy wafer and dusted with coconut. Each box contains individually wrapped Raffaello – if you’re lucky she might even share them with you.
6. Fine Tea £7.00
From Ahmed’s Fine Tea Collection, the delicate blend of light, high grown Ceylon leaf produces a light coppery liquor which delivers a fresh aroma with subtle citrus notes. A brisk and fresh tea which is sure to leave the drinker feeling refreshed and invigorated. The Ceylon Tea tin is wrapped in the idyllic ‘The Herb Garden After The Harvest’ by artist Timothy Easton and is perfect for Mum’s who enjoy serene images of gardens and the countryside.
7. Skin Spa Flower Therapy Foot Set £8.50
Baylis and Harding’s Therapy Foot Set is sure to be a big hit with those mums who are always on their feet. The Patchouli & Pink Peppermint foot soak crystals and moisturising lotion are designed to create the perfect spa experience in the comfort of your own home. Relax tired feet and ease away aches and pains with Foot Soak Crystals, use the Foot Lotion to lock in moisture and pop on the Super Soft Socks to keep feet soft and supple. Set contains a 50ml Foot Lotion, 25g Foot Soak Crystals & Super Soft Socks. It is suitable for all skin types.
8. A Hamper
Why not treat your mum to a hamper full of health products to ensure she is always at her best. Discount Supplements have a range of products that you could give to your mum, including some of the following:
- Health Aid Vitamin A Cream £6.99 – Health Aid Vitamin A Cream is a great weapon in the fight against dry ageing skin. Health Aid Vitamin A cream combines vitamin A with lypozomes, which help to prevent skin cells from clustering in pores (which cause a dullness of skin tone) and helps to stimulate healthy skin growth. Vitamin A is one of the most important nutrients for healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Yogi Organic Women’s Balance Tea £2.29 – Yogi Herbal Teas introduce Organic Women’s Balance Tea designed to balance a women’s mental, spiritual and physical energy to achieve harmony in her femininity.
- Optimum Health Multi Vitamin ABCDE with Iron £2.99 – a comprehensive multivitamin with added iron. It can be of benefit to women or the elderly who are prone to low iron levels. Is a convenient one a day supplement.
- Faith in Nature Lavender & Geranium Foam Bath £5/75 – soothes dry skin and eases stress. Lavender is a traditional aromatherapy remedy used for depression, fatigue, and headaches. The calming effect of pure Lavender and balancing Geranium soothe both mind and body gently while enriching the skin.
- Faith in Nature Chocolate Organic Foam Bath £5.75 – a real treat for Chocolate lovers! Faith in Nature Chocolate Organic Foam Bath can also be used as a shower gel which is suitable for all skin types.