Food and drink gifts always go down well, here are a few of our favourites that are available this Christmas.
Freddo Faces Tube (£1.00). Each tube contains 3 bags – a perfect stocking filler for kids and big kids too. If you’re a fan of Cadbury bars then the Endless Wispa Bar which contains 4 full size chocolate bars would make a great gift idea for any Chocolate lover.
2. Everyone loves a selection box at Christmas. So why not give the Jelly Belly
40 Flavour Box (£12.80) Each box contains 40 individual compartments of delicious Jelly Belly beans – perfect for giving and sharing. Flavours include Strawberry Jam, Blueberry, Cherry, Island Punch, Green Apple, Vanilla, Coconut and many others. There is something for everyone.
3. Limited edition Christmas Toblerone
(£4.99). The much-loved triangular bar has had a makeover in time for the festive season. Still the same Swiss chocolate and honey almond nougat, the bars have found a new home in limited edition wrapping. There’s a Toblerone to suit everyone’s tastes – Milk, Dark, White and Fruit & Nut – perfect for a stocking filler.
4. A little hamper of Bill’s
finest products would make a great gift. Their Red Velvet Truffles (£11.95) that have a white chocolate and vanilla icing centre and a coating of velvety milk chocolate dusted with freeze-dried raspberries, their Bramble Berry Infusion Teabags (£5.95) – A blend of summer and winter berries including blackcurrants, strawberries, blackberries and rosehips, with a hint of hibiscus and a bar of their delicious Dark Chocolate with Salted Almonds (£2.50).
Sea Horses (£4.00) would make a lovely gift or as an after dinner treat. Available in 3 varieties – caramel, biscuit pieces and vanilla, or milk truffle.
6. For those of you who are gluten, lactose or dairy intolerant Lovechock
have a range of bars for you this Christmas. Their bars are handcrafted using the best raw cacao from Ecuador and the bars are sweetened only with natural coconut-blossom nectar. They are dairy, soy and gluten free. There are seven delicious flavours to chose from – Pecan / Maca, Pure / Nibs, Goji / Orange, Almond / Fig, Pineapple / Incaberry, Mulberry / Vanilla and Cherry / Chilli. They are priced at £2.69 each.
Christmas Box (£27. 25). A
20 piece gift box, that’s sure to add a touch of indulgence to your celebrations this year. These chocolates have been carefully selected from the Godiva range and include two limited edition seasonal chocolates – Milk Almond and Dark Sea Salt.
8. Children love to help out in the kitchen, why not buy a kit that you can create together. The CHOC Chicos chocolate making kit (£9.99) from CHOC Chick
includes everything you need to make a batch of chocolates that are dairy, gluten, eggs, soya, additives, E-numbers and processed sugars free. Inside the kit you will find:
- 50g organic cocoa powder
- 50g organic cocoa butter
- 100ml Sweet Freedom (natural low GL sweetener made 100% from fruit)
- 20 mini cases
- a simple recipe booklet
9. A Limited Edition Tin of Bonne Maman Madeleines Christmas Tin, the perfect festive indulgence to share on Christmas Day. Featuring 10 individually wrapped Bonne Maman Madeleines, delicate in taste and light in texture thanks to their subtle almond and vanilla flavours and light, buttery sponge. Made from an authentic traditional recipe using the finest natural ingredients, these French delights will add a little luxury to this festive season. Available from Waitrose, Ocado, P&O Ferries, Londis and Budgens (RRP £3.99).
10. A Pana Chocolate
Gift Set (£13.90). Pana Chocolate is smooth, rich and silky chocolate packed with essential antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Handmade in Melbourne, Australia, each 45g bar contains only natural ingredients such as raw organic nuts, organic goji berries, organic coconut flakes and pure 100% essential oils. Suitable for vegetarians. Available in of 9 flavours – Cinnamon, Coconut & Goji, Eighty, Fig & Wild Orange, Mint, Nuts, Orange, Raw Cacao, Sour Cherry. Pana Chocolates are available online and individual bars are available at Whole Foods Market, As Nature Intended, Planet Organic, health food stores, independent retailers and selected shops nationwide.
11. We all know after Christmas dinner there is always left over turkey. One way to use up the leftovers is to make a curry. A Hari Ghotra
Curry Kit would make a great gift for spice lovers, cooking novices or for those looking to purchase budget gifts. There are 12 available varieties including Tikka Massala and Korma, priced at £3.50 each.
- Limestone Coast Cabernet (£6.49). An Austrailian fine wine that has intense flavours of juicy blackcurrant, cherries, eucalyptus and mocha notes.
- Gavi (£5.49). Produced from the Cortese grapes grown around the town of Gavi in the outstanding Piemonte wine region, the Exquisite Collection Gavi is refreshing and aromatic boasting flavours of tangy lemon, weighty fruit and subtle waxy nuttiness.
2. Premier Estates Wine
have just released their Prosecco Mini’s in time for Christmas – they’re handbag sized and would make a lovely stocking filler or Christmas treat. You can get 24 200ml bottles for £71.76.
3. Beinn Dubh
Whiskey (£50) – The taste of the whisky is deep and dark, just like the mountains where the distillery is situated, with hints of rich chocolate, spices, fruits and currants it tastes like Christmas cake in a glass.
4. Dark Horse Wine – available nationwide for £8.99 a bottle.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – dark, earthy flavours of blackberry, black cherry and a hint of nutmeg. Full-bodied and rich, the wine delivers a dry, smooth texture that leaves a taste of dark chocolate espresso finish. Made from a blend of hand-selected grapes from California’s Lodi and Delta winegrowing areas for a silky, deep flavour.
- Chardonnay offers bright, sweet aromas of baked apple and peaches, layered with buttery notes of toasted oak and caramel. Its rich, creamy essence is perfectly complemented by a refreshing crisp acidity.