Bubbly Cherry Broth
- 1 cup prosecco or white sparkling wine
- 3 tablespoons of Cherry Good
- 1 large splash of ginger ale
- 1 – 3 Cherries
- Combine all ingredients in a glass
- Skewer cherries or simply put into the glass
- Serve chilled!
Vampire Blood Fizz
A drink for the kids…
- 1 carton of Cherry Good
- 1 bottle of lemonade
- Crushed ice
- Jelly worms
- Jelly teeth
How To Prepare:
- Put the crushed ice into a punch bowl
- Pour in the Cherry Good
- Add a few of the jelly worms and teeth over the side of the bowl or cups to decorate
Hot Spicy Prawns with Buttered Corn and Juicy Salsa
Preparation time 35 minutes
• 1 bag of Whitby Seafoods Hot & Spicy Prawns
• 2 Corn on the cob
• 3 – 4 Tomatoes
• Half a Red onion
• 1 Green chilli, (deseeded and chopped)
• A squeeze of Lime juice
• 1 knob of Butter
How To Prepare:
- Bake foil-wrapped cobs in a hot oven for 30 minutes.
- Whizz up tomatoes, red onion, chilli and coriander in a food processer and add a squeeze of lime. Cook the Hot & Spicy Prawns according to the pack instructions
- Serve with the salsa and corn on the cob
Spooky Spotty CupCakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
Takes 60 minutes to make
For The Cake:
- Muffin Cases
- Fine Dark Cocoa Powder Sachets x 2 (50g / 2oz)
- 115g Butter (4oz)
- 200g Light Brown Sugar (7oz)
- Medium Eggs x 2
- 150g Plain Flour (5oz)
- Baking Powder Sachets x 2
- 300g Ready to Roll White Icing (10 oz)
- Ultra Violet Gel Food Colour
- Lime Green Gel Food Colour
- Neon Orange Gel Food Colour
- Jet Black Gel Food Colour
- 175g Raspberry Jam (6oz)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4).
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the cocoa into a mixing bowl and gradually whisk in 150ml (¼ pt) cold water to make a paste. Put this to one side.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in the eggs, and then sift the flour and Baking Powder on top. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the flour into the cake batter, add the cocoa mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly risen and just firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Decorating The Cupcakes:
- Lightly sprinkle a dusting of icing sugar to a clean work surface
- Knead your Regal-Ice Icing gently to soften it. Cut off a 40g (1 ½ oz) piece and keep covered. Divide the remaining Icing into 3 equal portions.
- Working on one piece at a time, flatten slightly and add 5 drops of Food Colouring on top of the icing. Fold the Icing over the Gel to enclose it and carefully knead it into the Icing until evenly mixed. Continue adding Gel Food Colour, 5 drops at a time, until you achieve the desired colour – use icing sugar to dust your fingers if the Icing gets sticky.
- Wrap in cling film to prevent drying out.
- Repeat the process to colour the other two portions of Icing using the other Gel Food Colours. – *you will require around 60 drops of Ultra Violet, 60 drops of Lime Green and 90 drops of Neon Orange to achieve the most vibrant shades*
- Take the remaining smaller piece of Regal-Ice Icing and gradually work in Jet Black Gel Food Colour as above to make a dark shade – you will need to use the whole tube to achieve true black.
- Wrap and set aside.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon out a portion of cake from the centre of each cake and put 5ml (1tsp) jam into the hole. Press the scooped out cake pieces back on top.
- Roll out the different coloured Icings into 12cm squares and a thickness of 0.5cm.
- Take small pieces of the Black Icing and form into small balls. Place random pieces on each of the coloured icing squares.
- Press the black pieces gently with your finger, then gently roll the squares flat with a rolling pin,
- Cut out rounds using a plain cutter from each rolled out square of Icing.
- Brush the top of each cupcake with the remaining jam and stick an Icing circle on top, pressing down gently to completely cover the cake.
- Once you’ve finished decorating all your cupcakes, it’s time to eat them.