This weekend Yorkshire is playing host to a massive event. The Tour de Yorkshire. It is taking place over three days starting today over on the coast in Bridlington. I am a little gutted that we aren’t able to be there to see the start to say the least. There are 3 stages with a different stage taking place each day. The event is due to come near us in Wakefield on Sunday before finishing in Leeds but we won’t be able to see it there either as Matthew is away fishing this weekend (talk about bad timing). Because of this huge event coming to our region I thought this weeks Flashback should be something similar.
The pictures below were taken when the London Olympic’s torch relay passed by the end of our road in 2012. I didn’t expect there to be such a big convoy or as many people to be waiting on the route as there was. It is certainly something we will never forget.
- Your Flashback can be a picture, an old post – anything you like
- Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog
- Only post one link a week
- Add my button to the bottom of your post so everyone can see where the linky originated (copy the code from the box below)
- Comment on my Flashback Friday post and / or others who have already posted (this rule isn’t mandatory but it’s a nice thing to do)
Do you have any pictures of a past event you’ve been to? If so, I would love to see them in this weeks Linky.