This cold weather means only one thing to me – comfort food, whether it be a snack or a meal I seem to crave lots of yummy food. Recently we were asked to make a recipe using SPAM. We were sent some SPAM and also given some recipe ideas to use. We decided we would make an omelette for our lunch, as it is quick and easy to make, and warming on a cold day.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 small tub or can of SPAM
- 3 eggs – beaten with a little milk
- 50g – 100g of your favourite cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
You can also choose to add other ingredients like extra cheese, onion, potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and herbs,
Here is how to prepare your omelette:
- Mix in a bowl the eggs and milk – you can season with a little salt and pepper if you would like.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan, fry your cubed SPAM until it is golden brown
- Once the SPAM is cooked place it in a bowl
- Now comes the time to add the mixture to the pan
- Now add your grated cheese and SPAM
- Once the liquid is almost set you can then move your pan to the grill. The grill should be on high, leave under until the top is set and beginning to turn a nicer golden colour.
You can serve your omlette with anything you want, I love mine with chips and bread and butter, but you can serve it with a salad if you fancy a healthier option.
*We were sent 2 tubs of SPAM for the purpose of creating this recipe – all thoughts and opinions are my own*